To fight off a cold or flu quickly it’s essential to help your body’s immune system without interfering with its natural course. Although there are hundreds of over-the-counter medications offered to make the symptoms of these illnesses more manageable, the most important treatments are plenty of rest and adequate hydration. If you can arrange for the rest, Recovery Hydration Therapy will take care of keeping you hydrated during your cold or flu recovery.
Our cold and flu hydration relief package expedites the recovery process and replaces lost volume far beyond that which is possible with drinking fluids alone. The IV infusion is fortified with multivitamins including a powerful dose of vitamin C to boost the immune system and speed recovery. A combination of anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea medicine helps combat the systemic effects that are often experienced during the cold and flu.
Cold and Flu Symptoms
The common cold and various strains of the flu virus can show overlapping symptoms. As a general rule, it’s time to begin preparing for cold relief when you feel any of these symptoms:
- A sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Slight fever
- A cough
The flu can be much more severe and requires immediate attention. Call in sick, get some rest and start hydrating when you feel these symptoms of the flu:
- A sore throat
- A cough
- Muscle aches
- A headache
How To Beat the Cold or Flu
The best cold and flu recovery options are simply to get warm, get rested and keep your body hydrated. In addition to our IV treatment for cold and flu in Kansas City, there are many ways you can get relief from the uncomfortable symptoms of these illnesses in order to make a recovery as painless as possible.
- Stay home and get plenty of rest
- Drink plenty of fruit juices and broth-based soups that are heavy in spices
- Treat aches and pains with OTC painkillers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Treat your cough with an expectorant
- Take a hot shower, bath or sauna treatment to breathe in steam
- Run a humidifier in your home to ease congestion and coughs
- Gargle with salt water to keep your throat clear
- Blow your nose gently but often
- Moisten and coat your throat with soothing lozenges
- Use a bulb syringe or neti pot to keep nasal passages clear
- Try natural cold remedies such as zinc and echinacea
At the first sign of a cold or flu, make an appointment with Recovery Hydration Therapy to jumpstart your recovery with a cold and flu hydration relief package. If you’d rather avoid sickness altogether, schedule a vitamin booster package today with us and build up your immune system into a virus-fighting powerhouse.